A few months ago, Kadakowa came out with a new game engine called RPGMaker MV. After reading up about it and looking at some videos, I decided to port my original project Keloryn: The Darkening (KTD) to it because it has most of the features I needed to make the game how I want without having to make a bunch of custom scripts. For instance, MV has sideview battling built in, whereas I would need to install a custom battle script to get the same thing with VX/Ace.
Since the porting process for KTD is going to take awhile (and has already run into a major hiccup), I decided to start a smaller project called the Tower of Menda (TowOM). The reason is purely psychological. I feel like completing one project will give me the confidence and impetus to continue working on my long-term project KTD.
Anyway, it’s been awhile since I’ve blogged, which means my transition game is a little rusty. So…Imma just jump right into it.